Healthy for Teeth:
- Fresh Fruits and Raw vegetables
- ALOT of WATER
- Cereal (Low Sugar such as cheerios)
Bad for Teeth:
- candy (gummy snacks, sour patch, jolly ranchers, twizzlers, caramel)
- sugary drinks such as, juices, Gatorade, soda, chocolate/strawberry milk.
- Carbohydrates such as, Pretzels, gold fish, crackers, donut, cookies, cakes (Foods that can get stuck between teeth and dry out your mouth)
If your child does consume these snacks, balance their diet and let them eat snacks in moderation. It helps to have them eat the entire serving at one time, rather than make a sugary snack last all afternoon. And make sure your child brushes their teeth afterwards, or at least drinks a glass of water to help rinse sugar off their teeth.